7 April 2009

Kindergarten

I have done my practise at the kindergarten in my neighbourhood. The children were 2-5 years old and very sweet. I really enjoyed my three weeks there. It was close to my home and I didn’t need to take the bus, which I have to do everyday when I go to school.

An ordinary day: I arrived at 8.00 am and helped the teachers to make breakfast to the children. After breakfast we went outside so the children could play. I helped the youngest kids to dress themselves. All of the children ate very much snow and that is very disgusting. They also played a lot in the water that had melted in the sun, which was shining almost everyday, and went down the snow hills with a kind of a sledge but softer. It is more or less a mattress made to glide on the snow like a sledge. By lunch we went inside again and we took their vet clothes off. After that I read a book aloud for some of the children. Some of them took a nap. Then they played by themselves for a while. The kindergarten had one big room full of pillows so they played a lot in that room. There were two little girls, Ellen and Lisa, they loved to dance and they always wanted me to watch them. They danced and stumbled round and round and sang. They had one favourite CD, and I couldn’t get the songs out of my head every time I heard it. It was songs about baking buns and Pelle the penguin. If the weather allowed they went out again, and by that time I went home.

/Hanna

No comments: